06 July 2016

Alumni Work - Jennifer Rojas

Jennifer Rojas is a recent Herron School of Art & Design graduate with a minor in book arts. On display now in the library is the culmination of six students work from this course of study. Which has allowed each of them to funnel their creative work through the medium of the artist book which includes letterpress, other printmaking media and papermaking. Each student has been able to use the artist book in ways distinct to their interest and parallel to their major focus of work at Herron or IUPUI.

"In my work I explore levels of access to information, using the format of the book to convey part of the story, drawing the public in and requiring my viewers to participate to reveal the remainder of the story themselves. I engage with stories through the medium of the artist book, exploring a large variety of structures which I combine with my fascination in stitching and in which Iinclude letterpress and other printmaking media. I have been able to use the artist book parallel to my major focus in English at the IUPUI School of Liberal Arts. A portion of the work in thisdisplay was developed during a study abroad in Venice, Italy and responds to my experience in this city." ~Jennifer Rojas



























The Book Arts minor is offered through the department of Printmaking at Herron. We teach eight distinct courses spanning bookbinding, concept building through the artist book, letterpress, the printed book, papermaking, paper engineering, a survey course and a capstone senior course.

For more information contact Karen Baldner: kbaldner@iupui.edu

No comments: